Echocardiography is a test in which moving images of the heart are made using sound waves. You do not need to be hospitalized to have a heart echo. Cardiac echo is not painful and is not a surgery. Echocardiography is a test used to help your doctor diagnose your heart problems or how your heart is working. Echocardiography may be necessary in the following conditions:
- When you have abnormal heart sounds.
- When you have unexplained chest pain.
- When you have a congenital heart defect.
- When you have a heart attack.
- When you have rheumatoid arthritis.
How is echocardiography (echocardiography) performed?You sleep on the bed on your side or back.
- The doctor puts a special gel on the probe and transfers it to your chest area.
- Ultrasound produces images of the heart and its valves.
- X-rays are not used in echocardiography.
- Your heart rate can be seen on the video screen.
- You can take a video or a photo.
- You can also watch the movie while experimenting.
- This test often takes less than 15 to 20 minutes.
- This test is painless and has no side effects.
- Your doctor will talk to you about the results.
Echocardiography is located in the heart clinic of Nobar building of Behbood specialized and sub-specialized hospital.